Friday, May 4, 2012


I love reading books like this.  Not many preachers really do preach the gospel any more.  In a recent conversation I had with a friend, he commented "Gospel!  What's that?  You never hear the gospel at my church."  I was really frustrated with him.  Then why do you go there.  It seems to me that the more "seeker" friendly a church is, the less gospel-centered it becomes.  That is the case with my friend's church, for sure.  They are gospel illiterate, even though they claim to winning people to Christ.  I don't get it.  We need to hear the gospel all the time--in our sermons; in our music; and in our fellowship. This is my goal as the pastor of South Strand Community Church.  May I never slip from making the gospel the number one focus of our church.

1 comment:

Pitbull for God said...

Praise God! I wish there were more pastors that understands the Gospel is te power through which the Holy Spirit opens the eyes of the sinners heart and makes salvation so sweet that the lost has way to choose nothing but repentance!